Families must complete Family Registration and Parent Release forms before the first class. Participation in classes assumes agreement to all policies.
Open House for 2023-2024 is March 7, 2023.
Parent/Student Responsibilities and Expectations at Vanguard Homeschool Academy
1. Participation is contingent upon all fees being paid on time. Please pay the registration, tuition and lab fees according to the payment schedule. Fees for classes are non-refundable. Payment of registration fee confirms your agreement to abide by all VHA policies. Please do not register or make class selection until you are committed to attending. Class selection is a financial commitment. Please be sure you understand the volunteer commitment before completing registration. Registration does not guarantee acceptance to Vanguard.
2. Please register your children in their classes with the intention to participate from August to May. If it is necessary to drop out of a class, you will be bound to satisfy the class tuition fees for the year. Payment for the year is expected regardless if the student attends class. No refunds are given for missed classes or withdrawals. Please note that class section is a financial commitment. Our policy is that families are making a financial commitment when they select classes and our year budget is based on the commitment that is made at class selection. While we understand that circumstances and situations for families change we also must meet the financial commitments we make when planning our program and we count on the commitments families make to be able to operate. We do not have a "drop/add" policy so please be sure you can commitment to classes before you make class selection.
3. Siblings will not be allowed to attend classes in which they are not registered. It is critical that arrangements be made for siblings not enrolled in class. Child care is not available. Children are not permitted to play in Nursery rooms or be unsupervised at any time.
4. Parents will be contacted if a disciplinary problem arises. Continued discipline issues may cause the student to be removed from class until the issue is adequately addressed. If the problem cannot be corrected satisfactorily, the student will be removed from the class or suspended. Refunds will not be made if a student is removed from a class for behavior problems. Students may be removed from a class or the program by a teacher or administration. Vanguard reserve the right to reject, suspend or terminate students or families at any time.
5. Do not send a student to class if they are ill. Please do not send students to class if they have had a fever or diarrhea within 24 hours. The sick policy will be strictly enforced. We have families in attendance that have medically fragile students or family members and catching colds or chicken pox can mean hospitalization for them. Do not attend class if a student has had a fever or nausea in the last 24 hours before class. Do not send a student to class with a respiratory illness including sore throat, cough and sinus issues that are not from a verified allergy. Please notify VHA and the class teacher immediately if a student is diagnosed with an illness including chicken pox or the flu. We appreciate the extra diligence of our families that will allow a safe environment for all students attending classes. Vanguard Homeschool Academy cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending Vanguard could increase your risk and your child(ren)?s risk of contracting COVID-19. Families assume all risks and responsibility.
6. Study Hall will be available for limited hours. Study Hall will be available for high school students. Students will be required to maintain "library quiet" and remain seated during study hall. Parents are responsible for providing books and study material for their students. Electronic devices with headphones may be permitted for individual use. Students may not "share" headphones or devices with other students. Changes may be made to these policies as needed to maintain discipline and safety for all students. Study hall is a courtesy provided for mature students who are responsible for themselves and can maintain their behavior. Students may not be anywhere except in the approved rooms for study hall. If a parent is concerned about supervision for study hall the student should not attend study hall. Direct supervision is limited, we expect students to be old enough to be unsupervised to remain in study hall. We expect students to be responsible for their behavior for the privilege to attend study hall. Students should not be in study hall more than 1 class periods per day (1 hour maximum per student). No student under 15 years may attend study hall. Students under 15 must be in class or picked up by a parent. Older siblings may NOT supervise students who are under 15. Study Hall is a privilege and students can be suspended, removed, expelled or have access denied or restricted at any time. Please select consecutive classes and plan to leave campus after your last class. Students must be in class or study hall at all times and may not leave campus and return for the afternoon. Students many not leave campus for lunch and return. Please select consecutive classes and plan to leave campus after your last class. Students must be in class or study hall at all times and may not leave campus and return for the afternoon. Students many not leave campus for lunch and return.
7. Use of the church phone if off limits to teachers, parents and students. If you do not have a cell phone, please borrow one from a teacher or classmate. No cell phone use in class. Turn phones off or on silent. Cell phone use on campus is discouraged at all times while on campus. Students are required to keep phones out of sight and should be used only in rare circumstances. We require parents to also limit their cell phone use while on campus. We have many CELL PHONE / ELECTRONICS FREE ZONES.
8. Keep halls clear during class times. All students must be in class or study hall during class times. Students must remain in the study hall area when not in class. Parents may not enter empty classrooms but must remain is the study hall or common area to wait for students.
9. Please throw away your trash and any trash that you may see on the property or in the building. Report any problems to administration. Students and parents are responsible for any missing or damaged items.
10. Students may not eat or drink during class, unless a teacher has brought in something for the entire class. Water bottles may be permitted at the discretion of the teacher. Food is allowed only in the fellowship area.
11. Please notify leaders or teacher immediately of any damage done to the building or grounds. Do not open any window at anytime.
12. Walk; do not run in the building.
13. Roller blades, roller shoes, skateboards, water guns, knives, laser pointers, lighters, or any other dangerous or distracting items are not allowed on church property.
14. Drive slowly and carefully through the parking area.
15. There should be no students behind the building or on the sides of the building unless they are with a class. Students may not wait outside for any reason.
16. Students should not linger on campus once their classes are over. Students who remain in the building or on church property more than 10 minutes after class is dismissed will be charged $10 and will jeopardize their privilege to participate in VHA classes or activities.
17. No one (including parents) is to be in the sanctuary at any time unless the class has scheduled a rehearsal. Students may wait in one of our study hall areas but may not use classrooms or halls to wait. Parents may not use empty classrooms or the nursery areas to wait.
18. Participation authorizes Vanguard Homeschool Academy to use the photographs and video taken of students for use in the organization's end of the year video, yearbook, advertisements, Facebook page, and/or on the Vanguard web site or other media.
19. Bad weather and class cancellation. We will generally follow Greenville County school closings in case of bad weather. We will attempt to make up classes we miss due to weather but refunds will not be issued for days missed due to weather or other conditions that cause class closings. Please see the Newsletter and Facebook for updates regarding closings or delays.
20. We are dependent on you. We want to continue to maintain our low costs by working together to fill all our volunteer needs. All families will be expected to serve in some area. We understand each family is in a unique season or circumstance and have tried to offer a variety of ways families can serve. We have positions for parents who can stay on campus to serve in the morning, mid-day and afternoon. These positions are our CRITICAL NEEDS areas and all families must serve on a critical needs team. Our program is not a "Drop Off" program. Work and supervising siblings are not extreme circumstances that would exempt parents from volunteering. In addition to the Critical Needs teams all families will be expected to assist with Special Events and to volunteer when asked. We encourage parents to serve on campus as much as possible. Please be sure you understand the volunteer commitment before completing registration. VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS FAMILIES ARE REQUIRED TO VOLUNTEER! COVID-19 recommendations may cause changes to our volunteer policies.
21. Updates to policies and requirements will be updated as needed.
Failure to comply with these policies will jeopardize your privilege to participate in classes and activities. VHA and participating teachers reserve the right to deny participation to any family or student.
Submission of registration and registration approval grants my child my permission to participate in VHA classes and activities. I release and discharge VHA and the host church and their agents from and against all claims and losses of any type arising from my child's participation in VHA activities. By participating in VHA classes or activities parents give permission for student to receive emergency medical care if needed.
As a parent and/or guardian, I do herewith authorize treatment under the direction of any licensed physician of my child in case of a medical emergency, which, in the opinion of the attending physician, may endanger his or her life, cause disfigurement, physical impairment, or undue discomfort if delayed. Reasonable effort will made to reach parents by phone numbers listed. The parent/guardian assumes the responsibility for any costs connected with such treatment and hereby releases Vanguard Homeschool Academy, administrators, leaders, volunteers, teachers and Pleasant Grove Baptist Church from any liability thereof. This release form is agreed to of my own free will, with the sole purpose of authorizing medical treatment under emergency circumstances in my absence. Family releases all officials and professional personnel from any claims whatsoever on account of first aid, treatment or service rendered Family during participation in Vanguard Homeschool Academy.
Vanguard Homeschool Academy operates under Biblical guidelines and believes that the Bible commands us to make every effort to live at peace and to resolve disputes with each other in private or within the Christian church (see Matthew 18:15-20; 1 Corinthians 6:1-8). Therefore, the parties agree that any claim or dispute arising from or related to this agreement shall be settled by biblically based mediation according to Vanguard policies. Vanguard reserve the right to reject, suspend or terminate students, teachers, volunteers or families at any time.
Please print and complete FAMILY REGISTRATION and PARENT RELEASE forms. Participation in classes assumes agreement to all policies. Family states that both mother and father of Family or legal guardians have carefully read the above release and know the contents of the release and sign this release as Families own free act.
Please be sure you understand the volunteer commitment before completing registration.
Vanguard Homeschool Academy cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending Vanguard could increase your risk and your child(ren)'s risk of contracting COVID-19.
I release and discharge Vanguard, Pleasant Grove Baptist Church and all staff, leaders, volunteers, agents, guests and elders of and from any and all claims, actions, demands, or liability of damage arising from my child's participation in any classes, programs, events, rehearsals, performances, trips and activities sponsored by Vanguard.
This document does not require an actual signature, as it is digitally signed during the registration process when a member submits a family registration form and makes class selection. Please be sure that you, your student/spouse read, understand and agree to all policies before registration. We reserve the right to update and revise these terms and policies at any time. VHA and participating teachers reserve the right to deny participation to any family or student at any time.